Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Merry Old Month of May!

I recently uploaded a bunch of photos from my phone to my picasa web albums and found a few that I felt like sharing - all from stuff that went down this past month:
During TCAF, Myles and I met up with Niall and his friend (whose names escapes me...Rupert, maybe?) at TCAFête, which was held at Pauper's Pub on Bloor Street, and after grabbing a booth we decided to start up some comic jams! Well, I steer clear of paper and pens, since I don't have any artistic abilities, but Niall and Rupert (??) started up these pieces. I'm not sure how they ended up, or if they even caught on, but it was fun to start them off, anyway.

A pretty funky dragon-monster by "Rupert".
A menagerie of aliens from the creative mind of Niall Eccles!!
Myles LOVES comic jams, even though he is slightly less skilled at drawing than others...I like this piece of a balloon flying a kite, but I forgot to take a picture of his other piece that I liked even better - it was a slice of pizza and an eggplant on a disco dance floor. Heehee...very cute, indeed.
My eldest sister bought a book called 365 Things to Do with Paper and Cardboard, which has turned out to be a great babysitting tool. A few weeks ago, Zoë and I created these cute little cardboard mice. Zoë was in charge of all executive decisions regarding colour and style, and she decorated the dresses and the bows with polka dots. I took care of the cutting and taping - grown up stuff!! I love that they can't stand up on their own until you add the tail. We've made a few other paper projects since...only 362 more to go!
Most of you will have seen these guys pop up in my Facebook photo albums. They are the best ever gumball machine toys! The Spider-man, Iron Man, Wolverine (at the front), Thor, Hulk and Captain America came from machines Myles and I found in Vancouver/Whistler when we were there last year. A few weeks ago, after seeing Thor, we discovered that there is a new set! Dr. Doom, Venom, Cyclops, The Thing, and Wolverine (brown suit, in the back) are the newest additions to our collection. We still need Daredevil...I have a feeling we will try tonight when we go to see X-Men: First Class. *fingers crossed*
And finally, I need to share these pictures of the weirdest carrot I've ever seen. I don't even know how this happens - the two pieces were actually fused at one end, but I broke them apart out of sheer curiosity. *shudder*


No comments:

Post a Comment