Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Holy Matrimony, Batman!!!

Okay, so I just found out yesterday that my best friend got MARRIED!!! I knew he was engaged and that they were planning to get married in the fall, but I had no idea that they already got hitched!

It had been a while since I'd spoken with him, but we finally had a chance to catch up over Google Talk (I love me my gmails, boy howdy!) and after a few minutes of chitchat, he suddenly mentions that he's married! And, no, it wasn't shotgun. They just found a day that was supposed to be lucky for the both of them, and his wife is a little superstitious, so they quickly threw together a little civil service. It all makes perfect sense and I'm super happy for them! They're still planning to have a proper ceremony in the fall...IN CABO! Well, that's the tentative plan, anyway, and I'm gonna try my darndest to be there to celebrate with the happy couple!

CONGRATULATIONS, ANDREW AND CHARMIAN!!!!!

In other news, I got yelled at by a cop this morning. I just ignored him, though. I'm such a rebel! Actually, I had my headphones on so I couldn't really hear him. The police had blocked off the intersection by my work, but the dude that was directing traffic didn't say anything to me as I crossed the street. Just as I was about to go up the steps to my building a cop pulls up, turns on his little warning siren, and starts frantically waving his arms. I was literally five steps away from my building entrance, and he's yelling at me to get off the sidewalk - it was either, take the five steps to my building, or backtrack 50 steps ON THE SIDEWALK to the other building entrance building. So, I took a step forward and he started to FREAK OUT. Since he wasn't making sense, I just went ahead and took the 4 remaining steps to get me "off the sidewalk."

I found out afterwards that a window on the 17th floor of my building was somehow knocked loose (perhaps due to the strong winds??) and pieces of glass were apparently falling to the ground. Whoops. I guess he had pretty good reason to yell at me, after all. Sorry, Mr. Officer. Thanks for saving my life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment