Thursday, November 22, 2007

Abandoned!

So, I just found out from my sister that my parents went to Delaware to celebrate my dad's cousin's (does that mean my second cousin??) 80th birthday without even letting me know! Granted, I'm not the best daughter around, and I don't talk to them that often, but you would think that if your parents are going on a vacation they'd at LEAST have the courtesy of letting their youngest child in on the plans! This is not the first time it's happened either. My favourite was this phone call from my dad:

Dad: Hi, Kathryn. It's dad.
Me: Hey, dad. How's it going?
Dad: Good.
Me: What are you doing?
Dad: What I'm doing? Mommy and I are in Philadelphia.
Me: WHHHAAAAAAAA????? For how long?
Dad: Uhh, maybe we come back next week...maybe two weeks. I don't know.

I guess it's nice that they can just pick up and go like that. Maybe I'm just jealous...although, Delaware is not my ideal vacation spot. I'd be more annoyed if they called from San Francisco, or Alaska, or Peru.

I forgot - Zoƫ can walk! Apparently, she took some mini-steps last week, and then decided to start walking for real when my parents came by to babysit. I'll have to check out her new tricks this weekend. She also kinda says "cat" which is only one short syllable away from "Kathryn"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment