Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I had to! It was an eeMEERgency!!

I had to evacuate my building yesterday! But, of course, it was a false alarm. Still, even though I knew it wouldn't amount to anything, I trekked down the many flights of stairs at midnight into the rain, just to escape the piercing wail - and I was in the middle of a poker tournament! Grrrr. I can handle the smoke alarm and its annoying little beeps, but the fire alarm is CRAZY LOUD and right inside my little apartment, and usually when there's a false alarm someone comes onto the intercom to tell us so, but this time they just let it ring and ring and ring...

Three fire trucks and the fire van showed up eventually, sirens blaring, and after poking around a little, they deemed it a false alarm and let us go back in. There weren't that many people who evacuated - lots just looking down from their balconies - so, at least it didn't take too long to wait for the ONE working elevator to get back to my game. I ended up in 5th place, which is probably better than I would have done if I stayed and played!

Still not any closer to that trip to Australia, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment