Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm blogging! I blog! I'm a blogger!

Woohoo! I'm two for two! This blogging thing is a piece of cake! But, like most things I get into, I'll be all gung-ho for the first little while, but my enthusiasm will eventually wane until this blog becomes another lost page floating by the side of the information superhighway, collecting virtual nanodust. Oh well. That's the future and this is today, and I have something to say.

So, I'm trying my darndest to win a trip to Australia using my stellar (*sarcasm alert*) poker skills. It's such a long shot - you gotta win a satellite tournament to qualify for the second round. Then you gotta finish top 9 to make it to the giveaway tournament, where you gotta come in top 2 to win a trip to sunny Australia! One step at a time, though, so I play a LOT of round 1 satellites. Last night I came the closest ever to advancing: third place!!! But, it was such a dirty way to get knocked out. Poker gods hate me and like to toy with my emotions. There I was, short-stack in the top 3 (but only by a little) staring at my POCKET KINGS! Woohoo! I push all-in, get called by the dude with a teeny bit more money than me, and get slapped in the face with ACES! BOOOOOO! Needless to say, I lost.

Sorry for the poker story, but get used to it. I lead a pretty mundane life, and bad-beat poker stories make me happy...as long as I'M the one telling them. :P

I guess I could tell you about the comic book I read last night, but comic reviews are best left to my boyfriend. A review by me would just be, "it had pretty pictures and I like the way the dude with the green skin and purple cape exploded red-mask-face chick's brains out..."

Also, it's Zoë's first birthday! That's my niece, if any of you care, which you should because she's the cutest baby this side of the Mississippi! I don't even know what side of the Mississippi we're on - geography is not my strong suit. Does it run east/west or north/south? THAT'S how stupid I am...but I will guess that it cuts through America vertically (my reasoning being mostly based on gravity) and that there are no cuter babies to the east of it than Zoë.

2 comments:

  1. "the dude with the green skin and purple cape exploded red-mask-face chick's brains out..."

    THAT COMIC SOUNDS RADICAL!!! What was it called?

    I'm trying to advance to Austrailia too...it's tough, right? Round 1 isn't as easy as they make it out to be...it's so easy to get caught when you have a stellar hand or get drawn out when you have the best hand.

    Grrr...pokers...

    Your b/f's comic reviews suck, but if anyone wants to check them out they could be found at www.digit......should i shamelessly plug my site on my g/f's blog? That would be too sketchy.

    - Myles


    www.digitalkontent.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the australia trip includes a tour to Darwin so that I can show you all the best crocodile spotting spots and the vinegar bottles by the beach for deadly jelly fish first aid!

    I'm sure there are comic books and poker up there too. When you win the trip I'll make it my business to check it out before you get there!

    soon to be very large haired darwin E
    (REALLY humid in Darwin apparently. should be interesting... I'll be sure to send pictures!)

    P.S. My nephew might put your niece to the challenge...

    ReplyDelete